Friday, June 25, 2010

Liipstik Remembers Michael Jackson

Last year the world lost one of the most influential artists of all time, Michael Jackson. Over his illustrious career, M.J inspired the music industry, dance community and fashion world in so many ways.

For the fashion world he created trends, evolved style and pushed envelopes. His two most iconic fashion pieces:














His killer military-inspired jackets



His one-handed white glove



Both items had their own little Jackson flare that carried out to inspire some of fashions biggest trends. The latest was for Fall 2009, when everyone and their mother was all about the military-inspired bold shoulder jacket. Balmain made a huge statement on the runways with this look that called back to MJ and his personal flare. Celebrities embraced the unique look and so did the rest of the fashion masses. And to think it all started with Michael Jackson.





To pay tribute to Sir Michael Jackson, I want to play my FAVOURITE VIDEO from my childhood, "The Way You Make Me Feel." My sisters and I use to have this video on cassette and I'm not even kidding you, I watched this video EVERY SINGLE DAY and imagined being that girl being chased around the streets by MJ. LOL... YES!! I was an odd child. I think this video started my dream of wanted to be a video girl. LMAO.

Anyways, enjoy the video and let's celebrate the life and times of the GREATEST man in pop culture, MICHAEL JACKSON. You will be forever missed.

xoxo
Liipstik


No comments:

Post a Comment