Monday, March 29, 2010

Fashion News -- Rihanna at the Kids' Choice Awards

In Los Angeles over the weekend, stars gathered at Nickelodeon's 23rd Annual Kids' Choice Awards. The event was for the kids, but the fashions still were fierce. My favourite looks came courtesy of Rihanna.

We know this girl can dress from head to toe no matter where she goes. So the Kids’ Choice Awards was no exception. For the red carpet, or rather the orange carpet, Rih-Rih stepped out in a playful bold shouldered peach-coloured dress and nude pumps with sheer white socks. At first I wasn't a fan, but looking at it again reminded me of Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz" (one of my favs as a kid). So this look stole my heart.

On stage the songstress performed her hits "Hard," "Rude Boy," and "Please Don’t Stop the Music" on top of a mini pink-camouflage tank in a cute army-green inspired dress with hot pink ruffles. Did I mention she also had giant-sized robots dancing with her on stage? YA!!


What I loved about Rihanna’s outfits were that they we so appropriate for a kids award show. They were fun, colourful and playful. And most importantly, you could tell she was having fun with her looks. She looked oh sooo cute and for this she gets liipstik’s stamp of approval.


And just because I love “Rude Boy” so much (for the song, video and the fashions) check out the video.

Xoxo
Liipstik

No comments:

Post a Comment