Thursday, November 4, 2010

Katy Perry the Cover Girl

Mirror, mirror on the wall, is that really Katy Perry on the cover of Harper's Bazaar?

Popstar and newlywed, Katy Perry graces the cover of the December 2010 edition of Harper's Bazaar. And to tell you the truth, I don't know what to think of the cover. Don't get me wrong, Katy is a very pretty girl, her cooky style is one-of-a-kind and I think she is beautiful. But, I think I'm just use to see seeing the California girl decked out with coloured wigs and cupcake covered bras. At first glance seeing the cover, I'm totally sold on the clean look.

For the cover, the 26-year-old singer looks oh-so natural and simply gorgeous with her dark brown hair, sparkling light eyes and very natural makeup. She looks good in her silver dress and matching background. And after a long stare and peeping the spread, I am totally on board for the refreshing Katy Perry look.

Inside the publication, her spread is very toned down from her everyday style. She's in very sophisticated and classic looks like lovely flowy gowns, power suits and skirts. The spread was shot by Alexi Lubomirski. And I love it.

The look is different for Perry, but refreshing because it shows her versatility in the fashion game. She looks more mature and who doesn't like versatility in fashion. That's what it's all about. The transformation just demonstrates that you don't always need to dress out of the box to look stunning.

In the mag, Katy talks about her marriage to Russell Brand, her competition in the music industry and music. She also talks about her personal image and says, “I’m kind of a good girl—and I’m not. I’m a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity, and respect. I’m a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That’s what the stories in my music do.”

Check out the images from the mag of the singing sensation. Do you like the look? Let us know.

xoxo
Liipstik





No comments:

Post a Comment