Monday, January 31, 2011

Liipstik at the SAG Awards

Last night in L.A, stars of the big and small screen gathered for the 17th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, the last big event right before the Oscars. So you know, celebs stepped out draped in the finest jewels, jems, heels and outfits. So of course like all award shows we're going to tell you our best dressed Liipstik picks of the night.

Here are the nominees:


"Conviction" starlet, Hilary Swank in Versace gown. The one-shoulder chiffon nude gown was filled with crystal details and Swank paired the dress with a gold clutch. She looks so classy and sexy at the same time, totally capturing the essence of Versace and Donatella's creations


Rosario Dawson looked stunning in a yellow J.Mendel creation that she wore with beautiful jade earrings by Susie Fox Jewelry. The best thing about this fit is you can tell that Rosario is loving her look and having fun. I can't blame her, she looks amazing and uber cute.


Pretty in pink indeed. Angie Harmon looked like a beautiful pink swan in her pink feathered gown. I think I just have an OBSESSION with feathers because again I am brainstorming my next feathered creation. Angie was in a beautiful her ultra feminine Monique Lhuillier gown. She looked like a total princess and it worked for her. She kept the accessories and makeup very simple.


January Jones of "Mad Men" wasn't seen on the carpet in Versace this time around. Jones opted for a gold lace and black sheer Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall 201l. This look is a total turn around from her Golden Globes gown and I LOVE IT. It shows her versatility and her willingness to explore fashion, but of course always staying true to her old Hollywood glam look. I'm a fan!


"Black Swan" Mila Kunis stayed colourful in a Alexander McQueen Resort 2010 sweetheart printed gown. Usually I am not a fan of red (I actually loathe the colour red), but because of the print I love this gown. Maybe it's because Valentine's day is right around the corner, but I love the romantic, flowly, dramatic feeling of the gown. Kunis paired the look with Cartier jewels. This is a good look for Kunis, so far she has been a hit on all the red carpets this year. Kudos Kunis.


"Glee" star Heather Morris looks stunning in her peach, crystal-embroidered bodice gown by Romona Keveza. This is the best I have ever seen Heather look. I think maybe because every time I look at her I automatically see her character "Brittany" and nothing else. But tonight she definitely stepped out of Brit's shadow. Heather looked so mature and beautiful and this makes me want to see more fabulous looks from her.

But this time around we are going to let you, the Liipstik lovers on the world wide web, choose the Liipstik Approved look of the night.

Let us know.

Who has the best Liipstik Approved Look at the 2011 SAG Awards?
Hilary Swank in Versace
Rosario Dawson in J. Mendel
Angie Harmon in Monique Lhuillier
January Jones in Carolina Herrera
Mila Kunis in McQueen
Heather Morris in Romona Keveza
pollcode.com free polls


xoxo
Liipstik

No comments:

Post a Comment