Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Liipstik's NYFW Picks -- Derek Lam

*Click to enlarge the image

Derek Lams collection is definitely radiating 70's glam, from the jumpsuits, wide-leg trousers, and trenches it gives spring a fun theme. I like that Lam doesn't stick with boring neutral hues that many of the previous designers boasted in their collections. He incorporates neutrals, but spices it up with complementing colours and prints making it more visually appealing and wearable. Although I found a lot of pieces that I liked in this collection the printed maxi dress in black and white is sooo GORGE! I don't even like maxi dresses because I feel its too much material for a tall person to wear but I love the shape and look of this dress and it definitely looks romantic and flattering!

*pics via Fashion gone Rogue

xoxo,

Liipstik

No comments:

Post a Comment